Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baby Jar Gifts

When I transitioned my second child to jarred baby food, it killed me to just throw away the beautiful glass jars that it came in!  After seeing how much glass jars cost, I figured I could certainly find another use for them (after putting them through the dishwasher first, of course).  

It was around the time of Valentine's Day and I decided put together little treat jars for my daughters' teachers, as well as my coworkers.  


I had my husband drill a hole in the top of each jar top.  I then spray painted the tops red and filled each jar with M&Ms.  I created a label for the jars (below) and adhered them to each jar.   



Finally, I made the lollipop flowers, using the tutorial provided by Skip To My Lou.  I didn't use the floral tape for the leaves, but rather just cut strips of green paper, glued the ends, and wrote the name of the recipient.  When I finished them all, I popped a lollipop in the whole of each jar top and...tada....a cute little gift! 



2 comments:

albina N muro said...

I had my husband drill a hole in the top of each jar top. I then spray painted the tops red and filled each jar with M&Ms. I created a label for the jars (below) and adhered them to each jar. cake gifts

Nursery Rhymes said...

Hi I love this post. Old Macdonald had farm lyrics Thanks for sharing

Post a Comment